Thursday, July 26, 2007

Overall reflection on LMS

Overall reflection on LMS

Overall, I feel that LMS is a very interesting topic with lots of important contents inside it that can enable us to express our feelings or emotions more clearly, and not pressing them down. From all the LMS lessons, I feel that the biggest thing which has changed in me is that I have become more confident and can speak more clearly when doing presentation. The project works which we have done have been helpful in a way that through this project, it not only helped me to have more friends, but also learn more things such as the different kinds of conflicts in Singapore. Not only in Singapore, but in other countries as well. For example, I have learnt about the culture in Thailand where most people are transvestites and this is accepted amongst them.

After taking this module, I have become more optimistic in life as we can solve any problems easily if we think about them calmly, and not solve them in a rushed manner. My relationship with my family and friends have also improved as we communicate better and not quarrel over trivial matters.

Some of the knowledge, skills and insights I have learnt from this module are that we cannot avoid conflicts, but we must try to rectify them and correct them as soon as we find out the root of the problem. Conflicts can lead to anger. We have to try to control our temper for the first few times even if someone comes to irritate us and not go into an outburst straightaway. If we shout at people the moment we are not happy with them, people will think that we are very unreasonable and nobody would want to talk to us. As for fear, I have learnt the several types of fear and how we can overcome them. Other than this, we have also learnt success and the different people and different types of success.

This module is very enjoyable in a way that during tutorials, there are several activities that are held in between the lesson, like the conflict game, story-telling game in the first few lessons, the role play etc. I find that these activities were very helpful in helping us to understand the topics better and we would also not feel very bored in between the lessons. I also enjoyed doing all the quizzes that helped us to realise more about ourselves. From these quizzes, I realised that I did not know myself as much as i thought before attempting them. I personally feel that there is nothing else to improve on this module as I find it quite a nice module to relax. Except that maybe the tutorial room is too far and we have to walk a long way before reaching there? (:

No comments: